- Create plot outlines for your story using 3 frameworks focused on who? (character); what? (plot) and why? (motivation)
- Elements of a scene & how scenes push the plot forward
- Relationship between character & plot
- Techniques can be applied whether you’re beginning or editing your story
Ideally suited to: Fiction writers, especially those writing or planning to write longer works (novellas & novels)
Annabel Smith’s plotting workshop was both practical and enlightening, and every participant came away inspired to use her techniques to improve their works-in-progressMaureen Eppen, Coordinator, Rockingham Writers Centre
Annabel’s workshop gave me a fresh perspective on plotting and inspired this well-established ‘pantser’ to try a different approach. I’ll be putting her process into practice with my next novel.Teena Raffa-Mulligan, Author
Participants found the workshop…
- Fulfilling and stimulating
- Motivating and inspiring
- Concise and informative
- The sense of community
- Sharing ideas & hearing others’ writing experiences
- Teamwork & brainstorming
- Fresh perspectives
- Simple, easy-to-understand presentation & handouts
Participants’ valuable takeaways…
- Understanding the stages of character growth
- I learnt that I was leaving out some crucial steps in forming my characters and building suspense
1/2 day course: 3 hours
Full day course: 6 hours
- Want to book a course for your group or organisation?
- Want to know when the next public course is running?
Curious to find out if I could help you fulfill your writing goals? Want to know more about how the mentoring process works? Or would you like a quote for how much you can expect the process to cost? Use the form below to email me and I’ll get back to you pronto!
You Might Also Like…
Annabel Smith is the author of US bestseller Whiskey & Charlie (published in Australia as Whisky Charlie Foxtrot), digital interactive novel/app The Ark, and A New Map of the Universe, which was shortlisted for the West Australian Premier’s Book Awards. I am currently working on Monkey See, an epic quest with a sci-fi twist featuring a monkey, an evil priestess and the mother of all tsunamis.